Canon MG4250 - Error Codes
- 1401 - Print head is not installed.
- 1403 - Incorrect print head installed.
- 1485 - Incorrect ink cartridge installed.
- 1687 - Ink cartridge cannot be recognised.
- 1487 - Ink cartridge installed in wrong place.
- 1486 - Ink cartridge installed in wrong place.
- 1684 - Ink cartridge cannot be recognised.
- 1682 - Ink cartridge cannot be recognised.
- 1686 - The ink may have run out.
- 1688 - The ink has run out.
- 1003 - No paper.
- 1202 - Paper output cover is open.
- 1250 - Paper output tray is closed.
- 1300 - Paper is jammed in the paper output slot.
- 1303 - Paper is jammed in the rear side.
- 1304 - Paper is jammed in the duplex transport unit.
- 1310 - This paper is not compatible with two-sided printing.
- 1702 - The ink absorber is almost full. Contact the service center.
- 2700 - Timeout error has occurred.
- B200 - An error has occurred. The printer needs repair.
- 5100 - Printer error has occurred.
Canon MG4250 - Reset Ink Levels on the Cartridges
The Canon MG4250 cannot physically see inside the cartridges to find out how much ink is left. The copper contacts on the outside of the cartridge contain the ink level information. It is not possible to reset the ink levels to full. If you refill your cartridge, the printer will always show an empty cartridge message.
You can override the empty cartridge message by holding down the “stop / reset” button on the printer for around five seconds. The printer should continue printing, and use any of the remaining ink in the cartridge.
If the printer thinks that both cartridges are empty, you will receive a second error message, and you will need to hold the button for another five seconds.
If the circuitry on the cartridges is actually damaged this process will not work.
Youtube Video: Override the empty cartridge message.
Canon MG4250 - Change Ink Cartridge
Youtube Video: Change Ink Cartridge