Canon MG3550 - Error Codes
- Two flashes - Machine is out of paper or paper does not feed.
- Three flashes - Paper jam.
- Four flashes - The cartridge is not installed properly.
- Five flashes - The cartridge is not installed properly.
- Seven flashes - The cartridge is not installed in the correct position.
- Eight flashes - Ink absorber is almost full.
- Thirteen flashes - The remaining ink level cannot be detected.
- Fourteen flashes - The cartridge cannot be recognised.
- Fifteen flashes - The cartridge cannot be recognised.
- Sixteen flashes - The ink has run out.
Canon MG3550 - Reset Ink Levels on the Cartridges
The Canon MG3550 cannot physically see inside the cartridges to find out how much ink is left. The copper contacts on the outside of the cartridge contain the ink level information. It is not possible to reset the ink levels to full. If you refill your cartridge, the printer will always show an empty cartridge message.
You can override the empty cartridge message by holding down the “stop / reset” button on the printer for around five seconds. The printer should continue printing, and use any of the remaining ink in the cartridge.
If the printer thinks that both cartridges are empty, you will receive a second error message, and you will need to hold the button for another five seconds.
If the circuitry on the cartridges is actually damaged this process will not work.
Youtube Video: Override the empty cartridge message.
Canon MG3550 - Change Ink Cartridge
Youtube Video: Change Ink Cartridge