Every time your printer runs a head cleaning routine, it takes ink from the cartridge, and forces it through the print head in order to try and clear any blockages. This ink ends up in the waste ink tank.
After you have printed a certain number of pages, the printer will automatically say that the waste ink tank is full, invariably though, it isn’t anywhere close to being full.
You can reset this page counter by following the instructions below.
Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!
- With the printer turned off, press the Resume/Cancel button and the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
- While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
- While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
- When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
- Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
- Power off then back on and test.
Published: 27 January 2012