Every time your printer runs a head cleaning routine, it takes ink from the cartridge, and forces it through the print head in order to try and clear any blockages. This ink ends up in the waste ink tank.
After you have printed a certain number of pages, the printer will automatically say that the waste ink tank is full, invariably though, it isn’t anywhere close to being full.
You can reset this page counter by following the instructions below.
Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!
- Turn off printer
- Hold down Resume button and press Power button
- Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go
- Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go
- Green lights will flash and then stop.
- When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times
- Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more
- Your printer should respond as normal
Published: 14 January 2012