Every time your printer runs a head cleaning routine, it takes ink from the cartridge, and forces it through the print head in order to try and clear any blockages. This ink ends up in the waste ink tank.
After you have printed a certain number of pages, the printer will automatically say that the waste ink tank is full, invariably though, it isn't anywhere close to being full.
You can reset this page counter by following the instructions below.
Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!
- The printer must be turned off
- Press and hold Resume and Power buttons
- Release Resume button
- Press Resume button twice, then release the Power button
- Let green light blink until the printer is ready
- Press the Resume button twice and then Power button to confirm the reset