Every time your printer runs a head cleaning routine, it takes ink from the cartridge, and forces it through the print head in order to try and clear any blockages. This ink ends up in the waste ink tank.
After you have printed a certain number of pages, the printer will automatically say that the waste ink tank is full, invariably though, it isn’t anywhere close to being full.
You can reset this page counter by following the instructions below.
Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!
- Turn off the printer
- Press Resume button and then, without releasing, Power button
- Leave Power and release Resume button
- Press twice Resume button twice and release both buttons
- The green lights blink a moment and then remain fixed
- Then press Resume button 4 times
- Press Power to turn off
Published: 13 January 2012