Every time your printer runs a head cleaning routine, it takes ink from the cartridge, and forces it through the print head in order to try and clear any blockages. This ink ends up in the waste ink tank.
After you have printed a certain number of pages, the printer will automatically say that the waste ink tank is full, invariably though, it isn't anywhere close to being full.
You can reset this page counter by following the instructions below.
Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!
- Turn off the printer
- Press and hold the Resume and Power buttons
- Release the Resume button
- Press the Resume button twice
- When the lights stop flashing, press the Resume 4 times. The LED should be green
- Press the Resume button once
- Press the Power to confirm