Brother HL-3170CDW - Reset Toner Cartridge
The Brother HL-3170CDW has a process to manually override the “Toner Empty” message, and reset the toner cartridges.
- Ensure the printer is switched on.
- Open the printer lid to reveal the toner cartridges.
- Press the “secure” and “cancel” buttons together.
- The LCD should display a new menu.
- Use the up and down keys to select the cartridge you wish to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- Press the “OK” button and then the up arrow to confirm.
- Close the printer lid.
Brother HL-3170CDW - Reset Drum
After installing a new drum unit, the printer needs to be reset.
- Press the Up arrow key while holding down “Go” on the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Drum Unit. Press “OK”.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display the colour of the drum unit that you replaced. Press “OK”.
- Press the Up arrow key for “Reset” to reset the drum counter.
Published: 18 March 2014